Last year, I had a reservation to Edmonton, Canada on KLM Airlines flight. But due to the death of one of my close family members, I had to cancel my tickets at the last moment. Even though I was not aware of the KLM cancellation policy, everything was a breezy and easy process for me. However, I visited the Airlines Policy once before doing KLM flight cancellation. They have explained everything related to flight cancellation and refund policy.
The process can be a little tricky for those who do not know about the KLM cancellation policy. Therefore, I will mention everything that you must know about the flight cancellation, flight cancellation charges, and refund policy. So, continue reading this post to avoid issues later.
KLM Flight Cancellation Policy
We all know that unavoidable circumstances can come at any time, at any place, and without any intimation. If you also come across such a situation, then cancelling your tickets is the only way left. But you do not have to worry about anything because the airline provides its passengers with KLM 24-hour cancellation policy. It is because this policy lets you cancel your tickets within 24 hours of the purchase without charging any cancellation fee. Additionally, you will also be provided with a full refund. In case you cancel your tickets at the last moment, the airline may levy some amount as a cancellation fee. This amount will be deducted from the fare and the remaining will be credited to your account.
Points to Keep in Mind about KLM 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
I think it is one of the most important things when it comes to cancellation policy of an airline. Everyone should know about the 24-hour cancellation policy so that cancellation charges can be avoided. So, I am listing down some important things that you should consider about this KLM 24-hour cancellation policy:
- According to this policy, you can make changes up to 3 times at zero additional cost
- If you have booked your tickets online, then you will be allowed to make changes in the time, date, destination, etc. at no cost but within the destinations of Europe only
- If you are changing your ticket for a higher fare type, then you will need to pay the difference amount
- In case you are changing your ticket for a lower fare, then you cannot reimburse the amount left from your original fare
- Irrespective of the cabin class chosen and destination you are flying to, you will be provided with a full refund if you cancel your tickets within 24 hours of the purchase
How to Cancel Your KLM Flight?
Since I cancelled my tickets last minute, I opted for the online platform of the airline for KLM flight cancellation. I followed certain steps to cancel my reservations and they are mentioned below:
- Browse through the official website of KLM airlines
- Go to the MY TRIP option
- Now, you will be provided with two options to retrieve all your bookings – through the booking code or simply by logging into the FLYING BLUE account
- I selected the BOOKING CODE option to retrieve my booking
- And when I did that, I entered my booking code and family name
- After this, you will need to select the log in option
- When I did it, I was redirected to the MANAGE BOOKING PAGE
- After reaching this page, I selected the booking that I want to cancel
- Since I canceled the tickets because of the death of a close family member, the airline waived off the cancellation charges. But yes, you have to provide them with the necessary documents for the same
Once the cancellation process was completed, I got an email on my registered email ID. You will also get the message on your registered phone number.
KLM Cancellation Refund Policy
As I said that your refund depends on the circumstances in which you are cancelling your tickets. The duration of the cancellation also plays a vital role in it. Since I canceled my ticket due to the death of a family member, I was provided with a full refund. Similarly, as per the KLM cancellation refund policy, you can also get a full refund if you cancel your tickets within 24 hours of the purchase. Lastly, I would like to say only one thing – if you read the KLM cancellation policy on Airlines Policy before or while booking your tickets, you can avoid countless issues later. So, be a smart traveler and take out some time to read every policy before doing anything.